Need Help Finding A Possible Half Sibling

My father had an affair when I was 18months old. She has a son that is the right age. I have the woman's name, but I do not know her son's name. How can I find out what his name is? I know the city she was living in at the time, but I can't seem to find any vital records that are free to look at. Also, I can't seem to find his birth certificate w/o his name (duh lol). I'm sort of at a loss now.

VioletPlacebo

Asked by VioletPlacebo at 5:59 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• You have her name? Contact her.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I assume your father is not living...?

Sometimes if you try one of those people search sites and you have information about one person you can find information on their family members on the same site. I forget what site does that, but it gives ages, names, locations that person has lived in, etc.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my father passed away a few months ago. He always wondered if the child was his but he never asked. There are a lot of sites I've found, but they all want money to see the records. I'd be happy to pay for a definite, but I'm not paying for a maybe.
    VioletPlacebo

Comment by VioletPlacebo (original poster) at 6:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• good luck
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 6:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would contact her if I knew where she was! There are at least 10 records of people around her age with her name in my state.
    VioletPlacebo

Comment by VioletPlacebo (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i would just contact the ten people and explain the situation and see if any of them respond
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• contact the mother
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 6:42 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I need to pay for each record. I can't afford that right now.
    VioletPlacebo

Comment by VioletPlacebo (original poster) at 7:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. It seems my dad was a bit of a rolling stone. One day a man came to my parents door and said he was looking for my father...... his dad. He left a card and my mom said my dad did something with it. So, till this day I have no idea who he is or what he looks like. I wish i had more to go on but I dont.
    emerald2

Answer by emerald2 at 8:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Facebook, youd be amazed at how many people use it!!!!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:17 PM on May. 18, 2011