My told dh told me that he loves me, he is attracted to me , but he truley doesnt

like my point of view and personality and emotions. I KNOW he is mad right now bc I have bioplar and he is overwhelmed by it.. BUT How do I Change my personality??..I love this man with all my heart/ 9yrs we have been together and sometimes its great we laugh., play have fun. but this last week has just been horrible.. this morning we got in a screaming match and then he left.. not really a ? i guess just a vent thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• My girlfriends and I always joke about how much it sucks when our DH's are in one of their "I love you, but I don't like you" phases.
    Anonymous

• Not the best way to start a morning. Hopefully the evening will go much better.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• He's been w/ you for 9 years and is obviously aware of your condition. As long as you are following your treatment plan, I would just chalk this up to a regular old arguement & greet him w/ a smile & nothing else when he comes home :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you cant change your personality and if he asking you to then he dose not really love you

i can understand him be frustrated or annoyed at your condition

maybe some couple therapy could help or even some therapy for him to help him learn how to deal with a bipolar partner , are you getting treatment for being bipolar?

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• maybe instead of screaming at him or him screaming at u. let him know u are having a bad day and maybe find something else to do or go in ur room and stay or something. idk. my brother has bipolar and is unmedicated (side effects were bad) and he also has rage and most days he is great but on those days i can tell when to leave him alone. im not much help sorry....good luck and i know this is hard
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• First, let me ask if you are following a treatment plan? If so, he can't really be mad at you. Second, I think you guys should try to communicate without yelling. I know it's hard, but communication is your best bet at keeping your marriage alive.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Tell him to read Stop Walking on Eggshells. It helps people deal with folks with a disorder like you have.
    Anonymous

• Try to work it out with him be more calmer. keep the door of communication open. very important
    5heartbeats

Answer by 5heartbeats at 7:17 PM on May. 18, 2011