Yeast infection/ will NOT go away ** UPDATE** so crazy!!! adult content

Hello Ladies! I have this horriable yeast infection that want go away. I tired using the cream, and i CANT go to the doctor b/c im in the wonderful process of moving during my almost 37th week of pregnancy.

I tried the little kit @ walmart, it hasnt helped.
Any home ideas??

UPDATE

Okay, I finally cant take it anymore. I decided to go to the ER, (thursday night) b/c it was really bothering me, i was moving,(couldnt see a doctor) i could hardly walk & was starting to have some watery discharge. So i called the ER and she told me not to come in ... but i went ANYWAYS because it didnt feel right.

Once i got there all they said was i had a really bad yeast infeaction, and sent me home with no prescribtion or medician. I told them i had tried the over-the counter medician twice the 7 day ones and they hadnt worked. And she told me to try the over-the - counter again......

I was like GREAT, thanks alot!

:( so.... that didnt help

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 6:09 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if the home kit isnt working then you will more than likely need a prescription treatment...i had the same problem when i was prego and the only thing that worked was a prescription...sorry
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 6:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It could be BV! Bacterial Vaginosis can be harmful to your baby if you have it while delivering. You shouldn't be using the over-counter cream while pregnant anyway. Call your OB.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:12 PM on May. 18, 2011

• From my past experience . . .

The 1 day and 3 day kits suck. They use a different med.

What always works for me is to buy a cheap tube of generic 7-day miconizole. Only put it on the outside, do not insert. Put a little on the outside (inside labia) a few times a day. Buy some acidophillis suplements and take 2, two times a day. That usually knock it down for me in about 4 days.

There may be an issue with 3rd tri and yeast cream, so please call your OB's nurse and make sure that is okay to use.

Hope it goes away soon.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:13 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes. my doctor knows ive had it. He's the one that told me to go get the cream.

He want do an exam, because he said he just "knows" its a yeast infection........ and he doesnt wanna do any pelvic exams untill im in active labor. Ive been using the cheap stuff, that 7 day stuff......
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• When my mother was pregnant with my brother she had a reallllly bad one at 32 weeks. She used the at home kit where you inject the creme in there. A few hours later she went into labor. I highly suggest not doing that. Her water broke. Could have been going to happen anyways but never know! I would call our OB and have her call you a prescription in... thats what they done for me.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 6:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Call the doc again if you have finished the tx and your sxs are still there.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Eat some yogurt that may help. I like the Yogurt for yeast infections anyway get the plain and make sure it has active cultures in it or it won't do any good.I use that for all kinds of yeast infections but not sure at this point of your pregnancy and just mix it with some water & use like a douch.
    Anonymous

• Oil of Oregano. 3 drops under the tongue 3x's a day and in 3 to 4 days it starts working and clear ups the yeast. I had terrible yeast infections during both pregnancies yes it works. You can buy it at a health food store or vitamin shop. Research Google for additional info. Its an all natural herbal remedy. If you use it never use it on the vaginal area because it will burn like hell.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 6:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• ok, i cant really call an office b/c im in the process of moving not only that my doctor doesnt do prescribtions for like anything, it makes me so mad. But tomorrow im taking a load of clothes down to my new place (its like 3hours from hre) im gonna go to the health department and just see if they will see me then or on monday.
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Well I don't know but every time I've had a yeast infection during this pregnancy, my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic which gets rid of it in 2 days. Cephlexin I believe...
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 10:01 PM on May. 18, 2011