Poopy diapers when you dead tired.

ok sometimes when I am laying down, exhausted, my wonder son runs through with a poopy diaper and I get mad cause I got to change it. I am not mad at my kid but at the fact i have to get up and do it. I do it and all is well but ugh...any other moms feel this way sometime?

Cant wait til he is potty trained.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 6:16 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have totally been there. Like you said, I'm not mad at my kid about it and of course I get up and change it but sometimes it's like you just sat down for a minute and you get that whiff and you're back on your feet again thinking "Sheesh, can't a mom get five minutes to relax around this place?" Same basic feeling applies to kids waking up at 6 a.m. when you want to sleep in.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Of course, it's normal to be aggravated with a chore that can't wait when you're shot. I get it, not mad at your child for needing a change, just mad that you have to do something...anything.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• without judgement... I can honestly say that I haven't felt that way. GL with the potty training!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Seriously...you never been tired from a hard das work and the last thing you want to do is bat an eyelash? lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 6:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yep. I've been there. That's when I tell them to bring a clean diaper to their dad.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm not saying I'm not tired but I don't get mad. I just do it without really thinking about it. It has to get done, right?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• hahahah I was just thinking about this bc I'm sick....and hubby is sick too....he's gotten better though, I make him change them now LOL I have to argue with him (my 2 yr old) to come lay down so I CAN change him! He runs away with his diaper or wipes and laughs at me then comes in and I snatch him up and say LAY DOWN and give him raspberries on his little belly!
    I DO get mad.....I'm just strung out LOL But I get my lovies in at the same time and feel alot better afterwards
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 7:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• o yes. been there.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• been there doing that! Especially when you and hubby are working opposite shifts!!!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:26 PM on May. 18, 2011