Bacterial vaginosis

Its caused by sex... i know i have only been sleeping with one man..what causes it besides having sex.. like multiple sex partners? or could it be from my bf sweating all day and then us having sex (we use condoms) im confused...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• Same as a yeast infection,the normal bacteria balance gets off
    Some women get them in response to spermicides

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I swear it comes from being allergic to your mans sperm not sure though.
    Anonymous

• It's not just caused by sex. If anything becomes unbalanced, you can get BV. Hormone fluctuations are a big reason, which is why it's really common in pregnant women.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• OH thank u... makes me feel sooo much bettter.. what can i do for it besides go to the dr...( im making an app.)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Really nothing you can do. You just need one dose of Flagyl and you'll be fine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• whats Flagyl
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It's an antibiotic. They just give you one dose of it for that. Makes a horrible metallic taste in your mouth, but works fast. I got them during both of my pregnancies.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:42 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Your doc will prescribe it after they do a pelvic exam and take swabs of yourvagina

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had it the whole time I was pregnant. It kept coming back. It's the hormones, I swear it! Once I gave birth, it went away. The only thing which helped me and got rid it for the longest (which I discovered toward the end) was a vaginal rinse using hibiclens and water. Then I started taking a probiotic formulated for women called Femdophilus or something of that nature...it's made by Jarrow (I think that's the company).
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was having yeast infections after EVERY period.. so i started taking Acidophilus.. i was fine then. i just got off my period which is the 1st period i had since i stoppd taking it.. Do you think i should keep taking it once i get rid of this?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:12 PM on May. 18, 2011