Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler emergency!!!! help

My 3 year old accidently sprayed perfume in his eyes, alot... My dad was showing me his new bottle and placed it on the counter for a sec and my son reached for it and sprayed himself. I have given him a bath and washed it out as best as I can. But they still seem extremely red and his nose is runny to. Can I do anything else???

Answer Question

Asked by gutterflower585 at 6:35 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 17 (3,406 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Call the pediatrician, or poison control.

    Answer by Christine0813 at 6:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • Could call poison control 1 800 222 1222

    Answer by AngieBry at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • Let the eyes and nose water. His body will clean the residue out. If he gets a headache,give Tylenol or motrin
    i always get a headache from eye irritation
    Take him in if he has problems breathing or the swelling isn't gone by morning

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • call the poison control hotline and see what they say..

    Answer by girlglow6 at 6:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • I have heard of rinsing eyes with milk. I have never done this but it is supposed to relieve itchy eyes and flush chemicals. You may want to go ahead and call poison control. Even if he didn't ingest it they will probably be able to help you.

    Answer by BetcCarter at 6:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • please call poison control or take him to ER

    Answer by smurfyangel at 6:42 PM on May. 18, 2011


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • I would call. I would imagine that they would suggest flushing the eyes with water for 15 minutes. I wouldn't take him to the ER unless they suggest doing so.

    Answer by Melbornj at 6:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.