Yeast infection on inner thighs? adult content

I keep getting this rash on my inner thighs and like in the crease between my thighs and lady parts. It's ugly. Its kind of thick and dark. It itches like crazy and when it gets hot it itches more and turns bright red. My OB has given me creams and powders for it that get rid of it but it always comes back within a week or so. He says its a yeast infection. Does this sound like a yeast infection or maybe something else? If it were a yeast infection would it not spread to my lady parts being that close to it? Why would it keep coming back like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• Use a preventative cream or liquid powder on your thighs to keep skin from irritating skin in that area
    Start taking a probiotic to keep your yeast levels in check

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeast infections can occur anywhere damp and dark, your toes, your armpits, between folds of skin on heavy folks...

Try blow-drying the infected area a few times a day. And if you can, expose it to sunlight by wearing a bathing suit outside as often as possible. These in addition to your Dr's medicine should help!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• switch to boxers or boy shorts to avoid irritating seams
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:55 AM on May. 19, 2011