How do I get my 1.5 year old, to stop laughing when I dicipline him.

He is sooo naughty sometimes, he is destructive & loud, and mean 2 other kids... and when I get after him, he runs away and laughs at me. I have tried everything! and please dont say this is just a stage.. I KNOW its a stage... but what do I do about it now to show him that Im serious!

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 7:08 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe he doesn't know how you want him to behave when he's being disciplined? So hold on to him and tell him.

I know a lot of teenagers and adults who laugh in inappropriate situations, and I always assumed that it was because they were simply uneducated about proper social responses.
    Anonymous

• he could be laughing cause he's scared too.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 7:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• ignore his laughter....do not chase him if he runs bc he thinks its a game....you can try time out for 2 minutes and if he gets up put him right back in the spot. are you a yeller or a spanker? I rarely spank but I will swat him on his little diapered behind if he is being truly nasty to his older brothers and not listening. most times I yell to get his attention then keep my voice strong and forceful but not yelling so he knows I'm not playing around. (My peanut is 2 by the way and he laughs all the time)
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 7:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Swat his butt
    Anonymous

• I have tried spanking, on his diaper, and on his bare leg.. cuz the diaper doesn't even phase him, I tried yelling, and a strong voice.. and timeout, but he just acts like its a game, like its funny that he is so naughty.
    sarahlu

Comment by sarahlu (original poster) at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011