Are there any mom's out there with 3 kids in daycare? We are shocled at how much it's going to cost and don't know what to do! Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

How to work with 3 kids in daycare!

DaciaLangford

Asked by DaciaLangford at 6:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• try to get help with sliding fee
    joanette

Answer by joanette at 6:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Is it possible to hire 1 woman to come to your house and charge 1 fee instead of charging you per child like the daycares do? Those day cares need to charge for insurance, their building, maintenance, etc. 1 lady coming to your house doesn't have that overhead. Find out what people pay, i know its different all over the country, but post a 2 questions right here on CAfeMom: 1. How much do people pay for daycare?
    2. How much do people pay 1 in-home sitter for 3 kids?
    You might be surprised.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Whew! I would have to suggest staying home... because if you really have to put all 3 in daycare, you're looking at around $800-900 (maybe more, eeek!) a month!! Wow! Unless you make double that or more at your job, it doesn't really seem be worth it.. =)
    Juliebee81

Answer by Juliebee81 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My sister pays $1,000 a month for her son who is 8 months old!! She and her husband make about $225,000 combined, so they can afford it. Look at the costs, is it really worth it for you to work?? factor in your commuting costs, clothing expenses, and daycare. They subtract that amount from what you are making.Is there anything left?
    Preciv

Answer by Preciv at 10:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Check with your states child care resources - you may be able to qualify for help with the cost of daycare - this way you just have a low weekly copay. HTH!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I cant afford to put my 3 kids in daycare, so I opted to stay home with them and run an inhome daycare. When we move, it will be closer to my MIL and she doesnt work, maybe then I will ask her if she would like to watch them (of course I would pay her) and I would go back to work. I really miss working outside of the home, but right now it isnt feasable for me to.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• my husbands cousin has 3 kids. she took a part time job at the daycare and get free daycare and also gets paid. try something like that.
    Crystal_N

Answer by Crystal_N at 1:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You can try getting subsides. That will cut dwn the cost of Day Care. If not then get a babysitter or something that will charge you fairly. try this site:

care.com

Great site for you to look @ n c if you can find someone that will come in ur home. :) I use it too. :)
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You many need to see if it would be better for you to be a sahm. We pay out about $1400 in daycare for theree kids at their various locations (school, preschool, and sitter). That is about 40% of my pay, but I carry great insurance so it is worth it. My kids are at home in the summer with me, and Jan-Feb-March with their dad so it is not as bad for us as it is for others. What about having a neighbor help? A neighbor and friend offered to take my oldest to school in the morning so we don't pay for morning care. That helps a bit.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I hear you on the day care issue! What to do is a choice of what fits your budget right now. If you can work and still make enough money with the kids in daycare to meet your needs thenI guess thats an option. If you are not able to do this than you have a definite stay at home option. At home you can see your children more and you can also have a home business! That's what I do and I am really enjoying it. If you are interested email me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 5:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008