? for anyone who had a child after miscarriage

i had a miscarriage back in march and just found out that im a month pregnant. i didnt think i would pregnant this quick. im so excited yet my husband and i are so afraid to be excited. were both cautious and nervous. i cant wrap myself in bubble wrap but i need to be so careful. how do we relax and enjoy the pregnancy without worrying all the time?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 7:14 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage in January and then I got pregnant 8 weeks later without a period inbetween. I was SOOOO SCARED!

For me what helped me was a VERY supportive doctor who did early blood testing to ensure levels were doubling which gave me confidance. It also detected my low progestrone which was the reason we lost our first baby. That allowed me to quickly get on a progestrone supplement which helped me not miscarry again.

My doctor also got me in quickly for an ultra sound to date the pregnancy since my charts were everywhere and I got to see the heartbeat which was wonderful.

I am 12 weeks and I am still scared every single day. Just try to take it one day at a time, set small milestones like making it to a certain week or whatever, and remember to breath.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was terrified of losing my baby after I had a miscarriage then got pregnant, but with the support and encoragement of friends and DH we had a lovely baby boy who is now 7 and he has a 2 year old sister as well. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks back in May 2009 and then got pregnant in October that year. I don't know but I was pretty calm. After the experience with the miscarriage I didn't worry as much. There wasn't anything I could do to prevent it or stop it if it happened so I just didn't worry about it. I think I worried most right around 12 weeks. But I the entire pregnancy was uneventful and I had a perfect baby boy last July.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We didn't tell our family about our pregnancy until 5 months along BECAUSE we'd had a miscarriage just three months prior to conceiving this baby. And I didn't draw an easy breath until my baby was born--not one day went by that I wasn't terrified of losing him.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't know how to tell you to relax. I carried my 3rd and my 5th pregnancies to term. I was terrified to lose them and every little thing was a reason to be upset. I quit my job in the first trimester with DD1 because I was afraid. With DD2 I was unemployed but going to college, so I made a point to not park too far away from classes and basically put myself on "light duty" with both of the pregnancies. I don't know if that made the difference from the ones I lost or not, but my 4th pregnancy I was working a job that didn't have "light duty" and I lost that baby at 14wks.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 7:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have had one ectopic prgnancy then I had my son who is now 4. Since having him I have had two miscarriages and just found out 3 weeks ago im pregnant. I was a wreck when I found out so scared to lose it. Found out yesterday Im more then likely miscarrying this one also. Idk how to tell you to stay calm and not worry because it is a worry. Good luck. I hope this works out for you.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i already quit my job too. thought it was one of the problems i had with last pregnancy. imqblair10 ... good luck, hope all goes well
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• The times you need to be most careful are the times you would otherwise be having your period, because those are the times most miscarriages occur: 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, etc. Definitely stay on "light duty" especially at those times, and take good care of yourself.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I completely understand your fear, because I had multiple miscarriages while TTC my first, but at this point, there is very little you can do to prevent a miscarriage if it is going to happen. You obviously don't want to take up rock climbing or hit the bar, but all you can do is all you can do.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had a pregnancy 2 months after a miscariage and we were retty nervous, but honestly almost nothing you do or don't do is gonna matter. I just kept calm as best i could and DH and I had a rule - no sex until after 12 weeks. The whole pregnancy is gonna make younervous though and its natural and ok
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 7:48 PM on May. 18, 2011