16 weeks pregnant and cramping but not spotting

so today has been really stressful and after a very bad argument with DH my stomach has started cramping (before anyone ask i am now laying down with the laptop next to me) has anyone ever had cramps due to stress and should i call the er

krissii

Asked by krissii at 7:15 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if it gets any worse i would call the dr at least. they can advise you what to do. better be safe than sorry!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:22 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was stressed out the other day and had some cramp feeling and back pain went to the hospital to find out they were contractions, although the contractions didnt stop since i was dialating i got sent home, how far along are you
    lilmamacita92

Answer by lilmamacita92 at 7:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• only 16 weeks never had any cramping with DD and terrified right now went to the er for spotting yesterday and they said the baby looked fine but now with the stress and cramps i'm scared and everyone keeps telling me i'm over reacting
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 7:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you NEED to calm down....stress can cause all sorts of issues including miscarraige....I'm NOT trying to freak you out, but its true....you HAVE to calm down and try to relax....go for a walk alone or take a nice luke warm bath......stress isn't good under normal circumstances let alone being pregnant
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 7:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Drink water, all the water you can get. You're body is producing a baby. Very exciting but very hard of the body. Your heart works 50% more than normal when you are pregnant. Think about what is going on in your body and trust your body. Get to know your body. There are going to be some very crappy cramps lol it could be caused from constipation (drink water) and your making a baby in that tummy. This are stretching and pulling and growing all over the place. It never ever hurts to call the doctor. They new my voice by the time I finally delivered because I called so much. But if you want peace of mind then ask, what's the hurt. And who cares if you annoy someone...you're pregnant you can do pretty much whatever you want.
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 8:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Sometimes. I did too much shopping a couple of days ago and felt some cramping, then pooped and was fine. You never know.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:48 PM on May. 18, 2011