Do you make sure family gets invitations to something, even if you know they can't make it?

i try to invite everyone in the family, even if they're out of state, just to let them i think of them and wish they could be here.
is this weird?
my cousin thinks so lol

dayziesnrozes

Asked by dayziesnrozes at 7:26 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You're a sweetheart for thinking of them but nah, I wouldn't waste the time sending invites if knew they weren't going be able to make it, instead I would send wish you were here type letters with pics.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 7:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Absolutely. We invited family from all over the country to our baby's "meet and greet." It was courtesy.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I thought so too.
    But my cousin in Mn (I'm in Tx) just messaged me asking how come I always invite him to stuff when I know he's so far away.
    I feel bad now, 'cause I know he visits sometimes, I guess he's homesick? We live right down the road from his siblings, so I guess it makes him sad he can't come. But like I said, I want him to know I want him here. Before he sees the invite on FB or hears about it from a sibling and feels even more left out for not getting invited.
    Or I'm just thinking too hard about this and really he just doesn't care.
    lol
    dayziesnrozes

Comment by dayziesnrozes (original poster) at 7:34 PM on May. 18, 2011

• For big events, yes! I sent invites for my wedding to family out of state even though I figured they couldn't make it and some of them came. You just never know.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Oh, and others sent gifts.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• for me it depends on what it's for... but even when it is out of state i do invite but really only who i want to come in the end.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 7:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I send invitations to everyone.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• SMITxsM2, that's a great idea!!
    dayziesnrozes

Comment by dayziesnrozes (original poster) at 8:09 PM on May. 18, 2011

• SMIT's idea is a good one. You could also do a little note in the invites to relatives far away, something like "I realize you likely can't make it but wanted you to know we wish you were here, and whenever you're in town we'd love a visit." I do the same and always invite out of towners so they know they're included. What if your party happened to be the same weekend your cousin was visiting and you didn't know- then you'd feel bad for not having included him.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I invite everyone..even if I know they wont/can't come. I think it is just the nice thing to do.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 9:10 PM on May. 18, 2011