If you are 36 weeks pregnant or further and want to make yourself go into labor come here!

Wow, it seems like EVERYONE wants to know how to induce labor tonight! Maybe it's just me. So, here you go. Your baby will come when it's ready, 40 weeks is considered term. Yes babies come safely earlier but your child will decide when to come on it's own. I know how you feel, believe but let's quit trying to hit the eject button on them!

There are tons of home remedies and old wives tales out there but really nothing is safe other than having sex (semen softens the cervix) and walking. Yes, these are not miracle cures but they are not endangering your babies! Good luck to all of you soon to be mommas....rant over. Thank you.

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 9:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Amen sistah! Lol. Seriously...I'm 36+ weeks but I researched (and probably tried) every "safe" method of labor induction with my first. She came a week late, so I learned my lesson and I'm just taking it day by day with this one. :-P
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Thank you! It was killing me!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• OMG, I totally know how they feel though. I remember being 40 weeks and just wanting my baby in my arms! I had PUPPPS which is an awful rash that doesn't clear up until the baby is born! Anyway, I remember feeling the same way. I googled signs of labor every day for three weeks!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I know how they feel too, I'm 36 + weeks and this has been the easiest yet most tiring pregnancy for me yet. I cannot WAIT until he comes, at last check I'm 2cm and 50% effaced and my midwife told me any day now. But, I just it want it all to be over. Now please.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• So what was the question again...?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008