What do you think of the name Augusta Quinne for a girl?

We have two little girls already (Johanna Margaret and Georgia Iris) and we have a feeling that this one is going to be another girl. We love really old, classic sounding names that you'd expect an old woman to be named. What do you think????

discokittten

Asked by discokittten at 7:40 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Baby Names

• i like Quinne!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• How about Augustine or Augustina?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My DD name is Quinn! :0D So I LOVE the middle name. ;0) Not a HUGE fan of the first name but it cold grown on my I guess...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Sounds nice...
    wolf_angel_81

Answer by wolf_angel_81 at 7:44 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Ehhh. I don't like the tina part and we want it to end in A. I think it's soooo cute because we'll call her Auggie! Both of our girls have boy names as nicknames so we kind of have a series of themes going. They have boy names as nicknames (Jo, Georgie and Auggie), they're all 7 letters and they all end in "a!" My mom, MIL and grandmother alllll hate Augusta! But a lot of my friends love it! It means "majestic" and I think it's just so uncommon but soooo pretty!
    discokittten

Comment by discokittten (original poster) at 7:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Danella 'Danny' Deandra 'Dean' Macayla 'Mac' or 'Mackie' Are a couple of other options that fit you criteria... I really like Deandra...
    Anonymous

• lol. I actually really like the anon suggestion on Deandra Quinne. I know one person with that name... Dean would work but so would Andy. If you like Augusta though then stick with it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I doooo! I love it. I'm not really looking for suggestions for new names. This IS the name we're picking. I'm just curious what people think when they hear it (read it), ya know?
    discokittten

Comment by discokittten (original poster) at 8:06 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i like quinne, but not augusta. i guess it just makes me think of the city
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• not a fan, but that's just me. It's your kid, it's NORMAL and not obscenely spelled, so aside from us just having different taste I see nothing wrong with it :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:19 PM on May. 18, 2011