Moms who don't believe in BC or use BC...

Have you ever had ppd or long term depression, or any other mental disorder. How did you deal with it?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 7:40 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yup, I had a journal I wrote in shortly after my oldest was born (only had PPD with her). It didn't last long, however. I agree with HTMommy, go see your doctor or a counselor, if possible.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you just deal....if you have the ability to get help, you get it, if you have the ability to get to a dr and get diagnosed do it.....it causes all sorts of vial and repulsive thoughts and can be very dangerous.....If you dont have the ability to see a professional and get medicated or diagnosed TALK about it.....write it in a journal....but DO NOT bottle it inside....CM is a great place to do just that....
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 7:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't have any of those (although I did back in high school however have since dealt with it). I don't use BC because it doesn't work for me.. I guess I"m just in that 1% that it doesn't work for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't understand what BC has to do with PPD. Is BC supposed to keep it from happening? Not being rude, just asking.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• scout mom, re-read the ? What I mean is the more you have babies the more ppd you can get-- hence being in the post partum...so if you don't use bc, you'll probably get pregnant, and that's when you need to find a way to stop ppd...
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 10:50 PM on May. 18, 2011