Pretend play

My 20 month old daughter just put her baby doll on the couch and said, "shh, sleeping." " love you baby." :) then walked her stroller to the corner of the room :) my ds who is 3 doesn't pretend play like this, do your kids?? At what age?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 7:50 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My oldest had no imagination whatsoever so she never did pretend play. My other kids started doing it around age 2.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son was like one. My friends son was like 5.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:07 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my dd has always copied me and been a mommy to her babies.
    she even went thru a stage where she would alternate being mommy or daddy.
    her imagination is amazing, it really picked up about 2 1/2...she'll be 4 in a month, and it has just gotten more entertaining. :)
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my daughter is 18 mo and she does alot of playing like that. she puts the baby in the stroller and says 'we go bye-bye to the park' and then goes off into the other room lol. she also likes to change baby's diaper and use an obscene amount of baby wipes because the baby is 'really stinky' lmao. my 3yo son has imaginative play with his blocks building cities, etc. and his train pretending he's driving the polar express or on the island of sodor. my oldest is almost 6 and he doesn't really play that way very much. sometimes superheroes, but it's only them fighting....never a bigger story involved. i guess it just depends on the kid.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• aww, my dd loves to pretend play. She had her minnie mouse in her sisters swing and kept telling everyone to be quiet her babies were sleeping. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:29 PM on May. 18, 2011