People who have light blue/gray eyes or have kids with light blue gray eyes

do you have problem with light sensitivity my husband has big problems with light sensitivity he has to wear sunglasses nearly all the time . i have had 2 sons with him and both of them have his eye colour and are very sensitive to light . my youngist  is really bad he only 8 months but has read hair and pale skin he cant stand the light at all we asked a optician and she comment on him having very little pigment in his skin or eye so it left my wondering is this normal for light blue / gray eyes ?

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 7:51 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have them and I am VERY light sensitive.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Nope. I have problems driving at night with headlights coming toward me but no one else seems to have the same issues I do at night in the family and we all have light color eyes and hair
    Anonymous

• I have four with blue/grey eyes and none of them have any issues with light sensitivity.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My DD has the lightest eyes and she has never really complained... what the st. said make sense to me though....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes we are the same way it seems to bother my children more then myself... however as an adult I just put up with the tearing and discomfort.. my kids are 5 and 11 and 15.. very normal for us.. and your LO has almost the same colors as us
    princessputter

Answer by princessputter at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My eyes are a deep blue, my husband's are green. Both of us are extremely sensitive to the light.

I don't think it matters the color of your eye if you are sensitive to the light or not. I think some people are and some aren't.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:04 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I just need to wear sunglasses when I do go outside.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have been told the same thing and while I think I am slightly more sensitve tha.n most others I know with dark eyes. My husband and children who are all light eyed don't seem to have an issues though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my mom has light gray/blue eyes, but doesn't have light sensitivity problems that I'm aware of... my brother has dark blue eyes and has a little of it though..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:31 PM on May. 18, 2011