I'm watching Extreme Couponing. I think I am going to lose it.

WTH is with these people? Please tell me this is fake stuff. I'm about ready to go off on my TV. This is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. There is something wrong with these people.

Oh, and did I tell you someone stole part of my newspaper this past Sunday. Yup, it's now an epidemic of these freaks stealing people's newspaper inserts.

I THINK I FOUND THE ZOMBIE ATTACK, PEOPLE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think it's funny... they buy something like 90 ketchups and save money but really, are you eating that much ketchup?? It is wasteful IMHO. Also, noticed many coupons are stating only X number per customer transaction now.. how odd that would happen. Come on, buy what you need.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 8:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think it's cool. If you can get food and other things for your family for free why wouldn't you? As for your newspaper insert going missing I'm not sure that means it's an epidemic. Lighten up.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• First--Most of these people only truly keep 3-6 months worth of supplies at any given time. For the sake of the show they were asked to hold on to the stuff to make a bigger "WOW factor". Normally, much of the stuff is donated to local food banks. Secondly, they NORMALLY follow the normal coupon rules. Which means they often do multiple small trips through out the week. They don't do it all in one large trip (normally)-- However for the sake of the show and again to give the biggest "WOW factor" normal rules are bent.

Personally, I have about a month worth of food and 3 months laundry soap on supply. Personally I'm trying to get to the point to where I have 3 months of food and all cleaning supplies on hand at all times. This is so those months I want to go "leaner" on the food bill I can--espeically as it gets closer to Christmas.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would love to have the patience to pull it off.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• On the latest show I watched the one couple I bought $500 worth of food for $50 and said on camera that shopping trip would mean they could live of of their supply for the next several months and would be then saving up their grocery money to go on a cruise. They had saved up money already, but were still short. By not spending money for the next several months on food, they could then afford the cruise.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think you all are just envious that they only spent like 6.00 on a 1000.00 grocery bill lol. I know I am.. and yes if the zombies attack I know I'm going to their house lololol. I got the guns if they got the food.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i love the show..it has inspired me to coupon. someone stole my daily tribune paper today which also has coupons. i was beyond mad because i was looking forward to those coupons! they are just as good as sundays paper. it almost makes me want to walk to my neighbors house and grab their paper that they will leave sitting in their yard until it rotts away. ..but my luck i would get arrested, so i guess i will just have to wait until next week or either call the paper and ask if i can pick one up
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i saw on yahoo that 2 people were arrested for dumpster diving..i wonder if they were looking for coupons
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• obama, help us..we are going coupon crazy!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• See, they admit they got extra inserts! It's from my driveway!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 PM on May. 18, 2011