Whats the deal with facebook and twitter?

thoes of you that have thoes accounts...can you please explain what the deal is with them.?

I see everything and everyone annoucing thier facebook and twitter names...like the newscasters, KFC, Huggies Diapers and Juicbox drinks...i really dont understand it.

how do they compare to CAFEMOM?

Elda90042

Asked by Elda90042 at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• If you 'like' these companies they keep you up on the current 'news' regarding their services/products. Invitations to special events and coupons.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I like facebook because it has replaced my email and I can keep in touch with family, share photos in one shot and give updates without spamming everyone's email or worrying that I "forgot" someone

Anonymous

• so its not private and everyone can see whatever you post?
    Elda90042

Comment by Elda90042 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I like facebook because I've found classmates I graduated with who live all across the country, also relatives & we now keep in touch, which probably wouldn't have happened without this site. Also, facebook can be PRIVATE. There are different security settings to choose from, just like cafemom. It's fun & can be addicting. There's a place for cafemom & facebook, in my opinion. I enjoy them both!!
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 8:07 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You can set it to where nothing but you namecan be seen by someone who is not your 'friend' However if you post something on a friends 'wall' who is not set to private anyone can see that. If they are set to private only their friends can read it. You can keep it as private as you want to. You just have to read the settings carefully when setting up and managing the account.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i keep up with friends and family pretty much exclusively on fb.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Cafemom is NOT private either!! Sign Out of Cafemom and do a google search on your screen name!! If you didn't realize it before, you're in for a sticker shock!!!! Just like facebook and twitter, some areas are private, but most areas are not!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• it depends on the privacy setting you set for your account.. for me only friends can view stuff on my page if I accept them as my friend. But it's a place I can keep in touch with family and friends, especially those that live out of state. I can see pictures of how they are doing (like a cousin of mine who just graduated from college and I'm not able to leave state to go to see her for).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• LOL! Nothing compares to Cafemom! It is very definitely one of a kind!
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 10:45 PM on May. 18, 2011