Wow this has never happened to me before. haha

before i had my dd, i thought i was infertile as i have taken over 275 hpt's and approx 50 doctor clinic preg tests since i was 13 (yes i wanted a kid that badly, so thankful i didnt have one til 19 when i already had a little money saved up.) all of them except the one for dd (a doctor test), were negative.
well, dh says im bitchier than usual. lol. so he gets me another test and keeps bugging me to take it. i think its a waste of money cuz i feel more pms-y than prego. today he got annoying so i gave in and took it.
nothing in the control box, just a thin horizontal line in the test window.
invalid tests are funny. has anyone had one before? and what was the outcome?

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you mean just the pregnancy part came up verifying pregnancy? I had that happen once. I got a test and it was a plus sign one.. well I took it and only one line came up.. well my friend also wanted to take one.. well she took hers and hers came up positive.. then she's like.. umm.. jess, your's says pregnant too.. I'm like "what?, no it only had the one line come up.." she's like ... "yeah the one that means pregnant, lol".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• no, you know how for positive tests there is a plus and one line in control box. theres always supposed to be a line in control box.
    negative tests have a minus in circle window, pos. tests have a plus in circle window.
    this test had a super faint minus line in circle window and no line in control box. hence invalid test
    americanadian25

Comment by americanadian25 (original poster) at 9:12 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Take another one hopefully it all works out!!!!!!!!!!
    mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 9:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• thanks
    americanadian25

Comment by americanadian25 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on May. 19, 2011