Is your kid color blind ?

what does it mean for a person , like anything diff in school or ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 8:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• my dad is color blind. it's just hard for him to read certain prints on certain backgrounds and to tell some colors apart. it's not a big deal....sometimes he can't read the price stickers in the store if it's black print on a red/orange background, but that's about it. it never made a difference elsewhere.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm colorblind which is apparently really rare for a woman to be colorblind. Its usually males, my son has to be colorblind because I am. it just means that you see color differently. I can't tell the difference in some greens/yellows, and the color purple I usually see as blue. It doesn't mean anything different in school.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My husband is color blind and he never seems to have issues with it(even though he'll ask if something matches or not now and then)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• only when the town your driving through flips the stop lights over! red-green color blindness is common.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:44 PM on May. 18, 2011