Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Would u report someone whos abusing state assistance?

I've recently found out that someone I used to know in high school who has a boy 9 months old is receiving all kinds of assistance they do not deserve to receive. This girl and her DH make about 5000 a month but she reports less than 1000 for herself bc she wrks only a couple daye a week and her DH who makes all the rest of the money works but his income isn't reported. They get wic, food stamps, free cell phone plans, free power, discounted rent, and Medicaid.

This makes me sick, I work two jobs and so does my DH to work to support our DS. I'm not bashing ppl that recieve this stuff when they need it, but abuse of the system making it harder for those who need it is so wrong I want to report her. But I don't kno how, who to, and if its even my place to do it.

Any opinions?

Answer Question

Asked by kpincince at 8:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 5 (89 Credits)
Answers (32)
  • yes, I would, they drain the system of dollars that could be used to help people who really need it

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • I'd turn them in, without hesitation. Thats one of my BIG pet peeves! I can't stand when people abuse the PA system.

    Answer by onemellowmom at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • YES! Someone else needs that money!

    Answer by mrsvixen at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • yep, sure would

    Answer by how_reb at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • I think I would turn them in...

    Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • $5000 a month really isn't that much when you think about all the expenses even one person has, just to live comfortably.

    Answer by SMITxsM2 at 8:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • yea, but 5k is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY above the income guidelines for PA

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • Hell Yes I would. There are people who really need it.

    Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • Call and report them to the IRS . . I am sure there are some pretty hefty back-taxes owed. You can also call the Social Security office and they will work on the public benefit aspect.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • You bet I would!

    Answer by tspillane at 8:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.