Small town gossip...

Do you fall into it? I have overheard some stuff this week that would shock me if I didnt know any better...and the cherry on it is that I hear the same lady tell the same story twice- different versions....Yall live in a small town?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 8:21 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah we just had a pretty big small town scandal the other day. Turns out what I figured to be rumors was actually true. Straight from the horses mouth is how I found out it was true.

I have been the cause of small town gossip. When you live in a small town it is bound to happen.
    Anonymous

• I am a city girl however, I do hear gossip and try not to feed into it. I am too busy trying to keep up with my life and who knows I just might be the talk of the town.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 8:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Very small town here - 700 residents. Ugh, I hate it - when we were painting a few years ago, the same few people would drive past as often as every 15 minutes, all day long. When we put in a new front door...someone in church asked about it because she'd heard the "news" from her neighbor. And the gossip is out of control with some people - I tend to be "anti-social" - not really, but because I don't/won't listen to people share the latest I've been dubbed anti-social by some of the people in town. I don't care. I can't wait to get out into the country where my business is my business and I don't have to hear any more than I want to.
    Anonymous

• LMAO. Yes. We have one stop light in our town...so everybody's business is out there. Everyone thinks they have the "inside scoop" on everything they hear. I am guilty of listening to it occasionally, but I don't repeat it EVER. I guess that means I like to play both sides of the coin...I want to know it, but can still say I "stay out of it" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:12 PM on May. 18, 2011