What can i do besides being a sahm?

I love my kids dont get me wrong
but i always feel there is something missing in my like
i want to do something to fill that void
i want to find a hobby or something
i would like to do something with my husband but hard when you only have a 13 day spand together before he leaves to work again (he is home 13 days then gone 4wks)

kids are 10 months n 3 yr old

Any suggestions?

patrtiots_mommy

Asked by patrtiots_mommy at 8:28 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• how old are your kids? do they go to school yet? what kind of things interest you?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i have a 3yr old girl n a 9 month old boy
    patrtiots_mommy

Comment by patrtiots_mommy (original poster) at 8:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You could volunteer somewhere. Do you have to be able to take your kids or do you have childcare for them so you can do something on your own? Off the top of my head you could volunteer at a church, women's shelter, hospital, school, etc. There's United Way and Red Cross, my family is from a small town and there is a huge summer festival and we are all volunteers for that- it takes year round planning and effort and then lots of help is needed in the summer too, leading up to and during the festival. You could go to Assisted Living homes and visit with people or play cards with them, you could be a Baby Holder at the preemie ward at the hospital. There's a lot out there if you can volunteer. Or you could take a really fun class like Photography at a Community College or something. I always thought something like that would be really fun and a nice creative outlet. Just trying new things to find a hobby could be really fun. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:52 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you could find some playgroups in your area....go to different parks and sometimes you will meet up with moms you like and make arrangements for playdates, etc. if you have a yard you and the kids can start a garden. if you have a balcony you can start a planter garden. go to storytime at different libraries and book stores. if there's a large mall in your area you can go a hour before the stores open and the mall will be open for people to walk around in. there are lotsof moms with small kids and old people too. that's really fun and you meet some interesting people (and get a good workout lol). i'm trying to think of things to do with the kids if you're like me and don't have a babysitter. if you do have a babysitter, mary suggested some great volunteer opportunities. gl!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Just trying new things to find a hobby could be really fun; if your husband works during the day maybe get a part time job at night(then that way you don't have to pay for a babysitter either) just to get out of the house a little it could be just 2 or 3 days a week even; that is what I have done and I'll tell you it does wonders for your self-esteem and everything. you could find some playgroups in your area....go to different parks and sometimes you will meet up with moms you like and make arrangements for playdates, etc. if you have a yard you and the kids can start a garden; go to storytime at different libraries and book stores; volunteer somewhere; take your babies out for a walk and pack a picnic lunch
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:24 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm in the process of starting my own childrens boutique I started out because I couldnt afford fancy hairbows for my DD so I had to learn to make them that was 12 yrs ago now I am finally going to put them out there for the world, I am adding a tutu line and aprons for mommy and as soon as I get them a little more professional looking capes for the boys.
    m0ml0v3s2

Answer by m0ml0v3s2 at 4:04 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i like scrapbooking, knitting, designing clothes, making blueprints of the rooms in the house then rearranging it, redecorating based on my mood or current holidays, having guests over, going on hikes, frisbee or football at the beach or park, writing poems, publishing my works, blogging :), creating a favorite music selection and learning all the lyrics, becoming a ______buff whether its movie buff or (be creative, become whatever you want!), oh inventing stuff (im half way through my invention and i cant wait to start handing them out,
    i like cooking to be creative, i like making mobiles either out of shells or spoons, i LOVE making fairy houses for some reason, i like hand knitting old clothes back together and adding some spice, i like drawing from a live picture and really take my time with it....
    so many ideas you just have to find your true passion. close your eyes and imagine a happy surrounding. whats your passion?
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i like training my dog at petco too and journaling a A LOT and thinking of cute short love stories.
    i like ceramics and i love cutting out pics from magazines and making collages.
    do you have depression like the rest of america? I DO! so i know how it is when you know you could do so much....but somehow its just hard to get yourself to start. well, all you should know is that i am that way but luckily once i actually do start, I can't stop :) so GL mama!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:25 PM on May. 25, 2011