How do I go about making friends on Cafe Mom?

I am a veteran stay at home Mom. I have four children, one of whom was in the Airforce but is now deceased. I almost hate to put that as people shy away from me. So any advice as to how to incorporate this without people running away from me would be great. It's difficult because my son was a part of me and now he is gone and no one wants to talk to me. I have three other children who are great and we have a great relationship, do lots of things together...just looking to connect with others who are Moms and understand the crazed state of mind we are often in from doing so many things for our families...Looking forward to an answer.

Thanks.

crochetmom4301

Asked by crochetmom4301 at 8:56 PM on May. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• There are plenty of groups on here that deal with parental loss and would offer friends that not only sympathize with your grief, but are probably looking for friends that won't shy away once they reveal they have lost a child.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Hi :) my name is amber. I have 2 little girls who are my world. I am pregnant with my 3rd little girl and we should be seeing her beautiful face in September. My husband is in the Army and is currently deployed at the moment. I may not know exactly what you are going through, but I am a great listener and I will not shy away :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• join a group that looks interesting to you and post in it. you will make friends. sorry to hear about your loss, that's tough.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I mean that sincerely, even though I know the words sound cheap. I'd second amandajoy21's answer about looking into groups based around dealing with loss. I'd also like to say I know exactly what you mean if it feels like people sometimes shy away. I lost a parent very early in life, and when people found that out when I was younger, they tended to feel awkward and withdraw. My daughter has been battling an extended illness the last few months and even that seems to drive people away. The good news is, you'll know you've found real friends when they don't shy away when you need them most. Good luck. I wish you all the best. :)

lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Just send out friend requests, join groups ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• All of the above!
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 6:27 PM on May. 19, 2011