Good Lord what kind of exercise does a sista have to do to get rid of lower belly fat?

This has always been my "problem area", and after BFing DD#1 I lost a TON of weight - quick, and although not as toned, I didn't feel nasty in a bikini. Now I had DD#2 in Feb. and my tummy is pizza dough heaven. I'm gonna do crunches, but what targets the LOWER belly, below the bellybutton? I have a pooch there that is NOT cute.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:57 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• same problem here!!! BUMP
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i have the same problem.. with my 1st baby i went right back to a flat stomach. bc i worked and after my son i didnt work so i have the pooch too!!!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Let me know if you find the secret!! I exercise EVERY DAY, cardio, strength training, you name it. Most women just can't get rid of that pooch, that is our weakest muscle!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• what tnm said! bump!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I've NEVER had a flat stomach!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Fat in the midsection is from sugar & carbs.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 9:04 PM on May. 18, 2011

• spanx lol...honestly it's so hard and the problem may be extra skin (that's my problem) and that can't go away except with surgery. i feel your pain though :( but seriously spanx are great
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i think princessbeth79 is right, atleast in my case. my 2nd daughter was 10 pounds so my belly stretched so much during that pregnancy, i seriously looked as if i were carrying twins. ever since no matter how much i try i can't get rid of it. i'd probably have to get a tummy tuck or something :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My cousin started wearing here parts high up above her stomach &lost that part...but had on of those belts to lose wieght things...
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 9:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• The best way to get rid of belly fat is to have a healthy diet. You can do crunches 'till your blue in the face but if you're eating crap it's not going to do you any good. My advice, eat healthy food. Small portions. Do some cardio and lift weights. (I have a four pack, working on a 6 pack!)
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:36 PM on May. 18, 2011