Filling foods....help?

My problem would be that I get hungry, like a bear, every say 4 hours. This is ridiculous. I love salads, I love fruit/veggies. I try to keep the eating to healthy...meaning I don't keep junk in my house such as sweets or chips (I actually hate chips). Well, what I need help with is are there foods out there that aren't real fattening but fill you up quickly? I don't care if they are appetizing, I just want to not be hungry. If I let it go I start to get real shaky, tunnel vision, feeling like I might pass out and that horrible hunger pain in my stomach. So it's really not that I'm shoving my face with food, it's like I'm just so stinkin hungry I don't know what else to do. I need to lose a good 60lbs in order to be where I should be and I don't want to just say I need to lose it anymore. I need help, I'll do the exercise...I just need help curbing the appetite.

DaniMarie6

Asked by DaniMarie6 at 8:58 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Whole grains with lots of fiber.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

• soups, anything with alot of protein/fiber, Pho is filling, terriyaki (sp), sushi, baked/grilled chicken, beans, brown rice

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You SHOULD be eating every 3 hours or so! That will actually keep your metabolism up. You should not allow yourself to get so hungry, otherwise you're more likely to binge when you DO eat. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, as we often think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty. I agree that whole grains are filling, as are legumes, fruits and veggies. I eat clean, which means eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and it's great. 3 regular meals and 2-3 small snacks a day.  Here's some weight loss advice for you.  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:44 PM on May. 18, 2011

• have you tried weight watchers? They havr a list of filling foods that you can print out. Ammost all vegetables and fruits are on it. I am not sure if you have to join or not to have access to the list but probable so.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 9:17 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I had the same problem. My Dr said I needed to eat more protein. Seems to work well.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:22 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Thank you everyone :-D knew I could count on you. I sure do like this website!
    DaniMarie6

Comment by DaniMarie6 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on May. 19, 2011

• black beans and brown rice.....a 2:1 ratio. Season as you like. You can get full off 3/4 cup to a cup of this. Especially if you drink 20oz of water with it.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I add cumin, chili powder, black pepper and some oregano to mine. It tastes almost like a burrito filling.
    Molly4630

• Fiber helps keep you fuller longer without the calories. Protein also helps keep you satisfied for a longer period of time. So make sure that all your meals contain at least one or both of those. Also drink more water!

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would check with your doctor about your symptoms, you may have a thyroid issue that can be controlled or insulin issues. Doesn't hurt to check with the doc before any weight loss attempts anyway to be sure you don't having anything going on that can stall out loss which is crazy frustrating! Good Luck!
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 9:55 AM on May. 20, 2011