What makes someone a GOOD person?

My husband said that im not a good person im just a mom that takes care of my home and children.. that good people are the ones that donate to charity or go on missions trip.. then I asked can I donate some money to a local charity so then im a good person.. THEN he said you would still be just mom bc then your doing for credit not bc you really want to.. i think i married a douche bag!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• in my own opininon a good person is someone who cares about other people and has empathy and compassion.. I have those.. so to myself im an ok person
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• your right you married a douche bag.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• lol, well i agree with your conclusion. but to answer your question, i think a good person is someone who thinks about other people, not just their own self. not a doormat, but someone who takes other people into consideration. if you're a good mother, then you're a good person too because you're thinking about your children. not every mother is like that. o and remind your hubby that those who judge will be first to be judged so he better keep that in mind when he's playing god and scrutinizing souls!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:06 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i see your update. yes, i agree with you 100%
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:07 PM on May. 18, 2011

• thanks beth I do consider myself a mother that is work in progress but I love my son and I DO my best for him.. Thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree with you your married to a douche bag. I don't understand why your husband finds it necessary to try and break you down.  You are contributing to society your raising children ,HIS CHILDREN.  Your husband needs to show you some respect. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 9:15 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Hon, He's not a good person for having hurt his wife, a woman he should honor. That being said, a good person is quite simply the opposite of a bad person. I don't donate to charities even when I had money, that doesn't make me a bad person. I get frustrated at my children and have lied about some joint pain so DH would handle them, that's not bad, it's survival. So, you're not Mother Theresa, who cares? Let me tell you something, even Mother Theresa wasn't Mother Theresa you know what I'm saying? She was a good person who simply did what was right to her, just like you're doing in your life. Feel better hon, no one is perfect, but at least you're closer to perfection than your husband.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I consider myself to be a good person. I am compassionate and empathetic when it comes to people. I give when I can and wouldn't give it a second thought. I do care about people and I hate to see anyone with problems that are beyond their control. Not giving something to charity doesn't make you any less of a person. The best thing you can do is be there for someone when they need someone to talk to and be a friend and not judge them in any negative way. Some people have had problems that make them feel bad enough that the last thing they need is negativity. Give them something good to think about to help get their minds off their troubles.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• A good person is someone that has good intentions resulting in good actions. There is not one thing you can do or believe that makes you good. It is a way of life. It is apparent in all your actions everyday. That being said, your husband is a duche. What was his intent in saying those things to you? Obviously it wasn't to get you to donate to charity?! In conclusion, I don't think he's a very good person. I can't say whether you are or not from what you've written.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:21 AM on May. 20, 2011