Is there any way around the postage for care packages?

With all the coupon buff and people wanting to help there has to be something. My fiance and my brother are in Iraq and I send packages very often.

infmansgirl

Asked by infmansgirl at 9:30 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Tell them its books, lol. Idk because I pay a lot too when I send stuff to Kuwait.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• About the cheapest way to go is flat rate boxes.I've mailed motre than a few boxes to Iraq and Afghanistan. Top requests being Chapstick, ziplock bags, pringles, canned fruit and for my DIL..femine hygiene products.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i always bought flat rate boxes for sending care packages to my hubby when he was overseas. then i could put anything in there and ship it for the flat rate regardless of weight.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree with Grn...International Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• definitely flat rate boxes
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Flat rate boxes...and I have never had to do international if it is going to a base.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Flat rate boxes. Don't lie about what's in your box and tell them it's media mail. That is open for inspection and if you are found out it's mail fraud - and that's a felony!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 PM on May. 18, 2011

• From a USPS employee - no there is not a way around it. It is best to get the flat rate boxes, like others have said - box is free, one price for shipping no matter the weight. I sent my share too, and I was happy to pay that little bit compared to what our soldiers are going through!
    Anonymous

• We have care packages for the military and we charge $12.95 for shipping and no tax, unless your in Texas.
    Click on Shop Online
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:32 AM on May. 19, 2011