When to worry about rashes? (picture)

my 20 month old son is not allergic to any foods, and hasn't had anything new to eat. we have not used any new soap, or lotions. He has not been exposed to any plants, and this is under his arm and on his chest. it looks worse IRL that in the picture. its on both sides also. and the bumps have gotten bigger, and there are more than when it first showed up a day or two ago. I'm wondering if i should worry if it s a symptom of something, or if its just a normal regular ol' rash.

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:35 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• From the looks of the pic it looks like it could be excema. I would get him checked out just to be on the safe side. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Has he been exposed to chicken pox?

You can end up allergic to something you have used all along as well. I am bad that way with soaps.
    Anonymous

• if you have pets it could be flee bites... I would get him checked out just in case.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would take him to the ped doctor. Maybe he got a bite of some kind. I would take him asap.
    Anonymous

• it looks like exema to me
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would take him in to see the doc. IMO rashes should always be checked out by the doctor. My kids get strep rash and it looks kinda like that. It feels like sand paper if you rub it with your hand.

Not saying it is strep, because I can't really see very well from the picture, but do think you need a consult with a doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• How long has he had it? Is it itchy or anything? have you tried to put anything on it?
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• All of my kids have gotten chicken pox after vaccines. No not from the vax but months after. Confirmed by the doc.
    Anonymous

• Food allergies can show in the form of excema. My dd had a very bad case. We finally figured out the cause. As soon as we quit giving her the food (which was her fave) it cleared right up. You really should consult a doc. Rashes can be so tricky to diagnose.
    Anonymous

• i have pets but what are the changes since there are five people in the house and no one else has these bumps? and he had the chicken pox vaccine a few months ago. it doesn't seem to itch so could it still be something he's allergic too if he isn't complaining about them itching??
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 9:41 PM on May. 18, 2011