Eid celebration

Salam,

My name is Alicia & my husband is muslim, i'm not but would like ideas on what I could do for him on Eid. A special dinner, any ideas are welcome and very appreciated! How do you usually celebrate? he will be starting the day by going to the mosque he doesn't have family here to visit, i want to make it special for him.

also he's palestenian, but has been here for 18yrs, but i know he misses his moms cooking lol if u have any recipes for me that would be great too! i'm really interested in his culture and religion and am trying to embrace both.

thanks so much!

HAPPY EID!

Alicia

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Try going to one of the Muslim groups here and asking the women in there. I'm sure they would be more than happy to share.
    Muslimahs or Muslim Moms would be good groups to start with.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I would go with him to Eid prayers if you havent already gone just to see how and what they do. I would make him a traditional meal that is made in his country of origin or even go to his friends homes and celebrate with their family. I am not Palestinian but I am sure if you google Plaestenian recipes you could come up with some! Good Luck and Happy Eid!!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Even though you are not a muslim, I think it is important to at least understand his religion. You could read a book about it - but be sure to read one written by a muslim, as there is alot of misinformation out there. You could even take a class at your local mosque likely. I took a class every Saturday for more than a year.

Besides religion, there is alot of cultural differences between you two as well. Try to understand and be accepting to those.

If you are not up to cooking, then you could always go out for a nice dinner to a local restaurant that serves the kind of food they eat in Palestine. Maybe you could host a get-together with some of his friends, so that he doesn;t feel so left out.

Good Luck.
    Gypsyuma

Answer by Gypsyuma at 12:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2008