First prenatal visit adult content

my visit went well! i got an ultra sound but we couldnt see anything. she did a swab to send off and i got blood taken. got my prenatals and a nasea medicine. but the thing is she said im 6-7 weeks along but she estimated my due date at jan 12th 2012 which only puts me at 5 weeks. hmm.? can she be wrong ?

chelsealynn101

Asked by chelsealynn101 at 9:50 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The early ultrasounds are the most accurate because when the baby is bigger it can vary a lot between babies. When they are small they tend to be around the same size.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 9:52 PM on May. 18, 2011

• OBs always ask "when was your last day period" to be recorded in your chart. Then the doctor uses a calendar (it looks like a wheel of fortune disc) to calculate your due date counting 40 weeks since the first day of your last period. Sometimes it does not much with the information found on the ultrasound.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Sorry about the typos must be my computer.
    *"when was your last period"
    *match
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It could be the discrepancy between your gestational weeks and your "pregnancy" weeks. The 40 week standard is based on the first day of your last period, which is about 2 weeks before you actually conceive the baby.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:21 PM on May. 18, 2011