I need to tan--really bad. But my SO is in Iraq and we have a 8 month old son. I work in the evenings so I can't have anyone watch him. He will sit and play so my question is am I a bad mom if I take him in with me. He would sit in his seat and play and wouldn't get out but I don't want people to think I'm a horrible person.

infmansgirl

Asked by infmansgirl at 9:50 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Big difference between needing and wanting.

I would not do it, but that is just me.
    Anonymous

• this sounds like a bad idea to me. I don't have anything against going tanning- but I think it is pointless, unnecessary, trashy, lame, and selfish to bring your baby into a tanning room while you are tanning. Hopefully you can get someone to watch him or tan outside while he is napping...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• why dont you guys just go play outside? but i agree with anon. there is a difference between needing an wanting.. i wouldnt either id go outside
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Wow, you cannot have him there when you tan.

No one NEEDS to tan. Let it go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• A couple of people have said it and I'll say it again, no one needs to tan. As for taking your son, totally wouldn't do it. Again, someone else said this, either find a babysitter or go outside.

If it's the tanned look you want, look into spray tan or bronzing powder options.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree with everyone else...you don't NEED to tan, you WANT to....sometimes parents have to sacrafice what they WANT to do for their children, this looks like something you are going to have to sacrafice until you can find someone to watch your child
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I hope that it's against the rules to take your son in there... and even if it's not you should be ashamed of yourself for asking this question .....NO ONE NEEDS A TAN !!!! you need a real good priority check MOMMY because your putting a want above your son .

your SO is in IRAQ let him get the tan you take care of his SON....

traren

Answer by traren at 10:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would try to find a neighbor or friend through FRG, who watch him for you. Tanning is my quiet time, so I understand lol. I def wouldnt take him with me. I would be worred about the UV in the room. Call your family leadership if you can, maybe find out of they can help you!
    RowdyRoxyRainbw

Answer by RowdyRoxyRainbw at 10:06 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have to agree. Tanning is a definite want. If you can't find a sitter, I guess you don't go.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Thank you! I thought it was a bad idea and then someone said "why don't you just bring him in with you" Now I know I was right--again thank you
    Oh and I do understand it is an want, not a need--I'm getting pictures done for my SO in Iraq and I just wanted to look better. Thanks everyone
    infmansgirl

Comment by infmansgirl (original poster) at 10:26 PM on May. 18, 2011