Way in advance...just want to know how you dealt with labor pains or if its really not all that bad?

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 9:51 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Actually, I believe it's more of a mind over matter thing. And depends on if you go in and move around get on hands and knees, take control...it seems to not hurt so bad.

If you go in blindly and lay on your back the whole time and follow orders..it seems to hurt worse.

Study up and research. Watch TONS of birthing videos. Especially homebirth ones and natural ones..they seem WAY more peaceful then a intervention filled on your back hospital birth. That's why I say it is mind over matter.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Oh, and I dealt with them by telling myself I could do it and it would stop once he was born. It was a 7 hour med free labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• wow! congrats on that i just have to teach myself before labor to stay calm and not over-react the end result will be much worth it:)
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• they get worse as time goes on. Breath, breath, breath and have good support
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• with an epidural haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• honestly it wasnt bad at all to me, i laughed literally the entire time even during delivery. i think it you have a positive outlook on the process your going to be better off. ya it hurts but itll get better so its not that bad thats how i see it.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i deff want pain meds. i told my hubby no matter what i say i really do want the medicine lol
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I maybe different because with both of mine, it was"that BAD!" Thank God for Epidurals is all I can say!  Reason I say that is because the first Epidural worked with my first child and the 2nd time , they waited too long and it didn't work, I felt everything, it was horrible and I think I have a high tolerance to pain!  Hopefully you get some good advise from other ladies here cause I can't give you any.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was induced both times, but even so, I didn't think labor was that painful. The second hurt more than the first, but it was still bearable. My problem was that I wasn't relaxing enough to make progress and got stuck at 4 cm both times. I ended up getting an epidural after 36 hours with my first, and it sped up my labor so I delivered 5 hours later. I got my epidural at 35 hours with my second and delivered an hour later.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:12 PM on May. 18, 2011

• juliejacobkyle....you were in labor for 35 hours?? o goodness my mom told me when she went to have me she was in labor or two hours i so hope i get that lucky im only five months but still do normal day to day things im working full time and walking after work to try to stay in shape and healthy
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on May. 18, 2011