It's been 3 yrs since prego.

I'm having my 2nd baby and It's been so long that I've experience is again. I was wondering can you dilate anytime? I'm 36 weeks and 2 days. I feel the baby's head moving down my pelvis and pressuring. I'm due in June 12th. My doctor says my baby might come early.

Boavang

Asked by Boavang at 9:52 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Since ur at the end of the pregnancy u can be dilated.. u may not be.. When i went into labor with my daughter i wasnt dilated at all but dilated so fast they had to stop my labor. i was 38 weeks. If u dilate too soon that puts the baby at risk i have never known anyone to dilate in mid pregnancy..
    But im sure ur ok u can give birth that far along and the baby be ok..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes you could be dilated. You can stay dilated for weeks without going into labor. I wouldn't worry about it if you are, but I wouldn't take it as a guarantee that you're going to go into labor right away either.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I thought sure I was going to have DD2 from 7mos on, but she was induced the week of the due date. A lot of pain and pressure but it didn't happen on its own and the doc didn't want me to go over because I was supposedly having kidney issues.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2011