What does this sound like to you....please read.....

My nephew will be 3 in July and he has been having these episodes since he was probably 2. They have taken him I can't tell you how many times to the ER. The first time they done xrays and said they didn't see any poop, but a lot of gas so they thought he might be lactose intollerance so they were to take all dairy out of his diet. He hasn't had dairy in a few months. He had an EEG or whatever where they check his head. It was normal. Well Tuesday he had an MRI done so they are waiting for results. But he done this episode at my house 2 weeks ago and had another one today at the daycare. Anyway, what he is doing is he will complain his belly and or legs hurt (not sure if it really does or if he just doesn't know how to tell you something is wrong) then he will be off balance and say he can't walk and he keeps blinking his eyes. When you try talking to him he will look at you, but it is like he doesn't understand you. He also looks around almost like he doesn't know how he got to the spot he is in. He sometimes will flinch. The last 2 times he has had the episodes though he has throwen up. What does this sound like?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• What about petit mal seizures? Sometimes kids can have seizures (not the ones where they shake like most people think) where they sort of space out and have little control over their muscles.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• What kind of doctors has he been to? I'd stop taking him to the ER and take him to a specialist.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• did you google symptoms? I would be taking him to as many ppl as i could to see what they say. u can go to the library and look at medical books for urself.. never know what u will find
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Could he be having seizures? Seizures aren't always the "grand mal" seizures people associate the word with...you can be walking or even talking through one. A lot of times people are very tired and weak afterward. I don't know how long after a seizure they can be detected at the hospital though, because it sounds like that might be what they tested for already.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It sounds like some sort of seizure to me.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

that is exactly what he is doing. We are thinking, but we are praying to god that isn't what it is
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:18 AM on May. 19, 2011

they take him to the ER when he has the episodes, but he has been to his doctor who sent him to a nerologist.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:20 AM on May. 19, 2011

• h and this nerologist said it doesn't sound like a seizere at it sounds like vertigo and she said if that is what he has there isn't anything they can do for a child that young, but I looked up vertigo and it does not sound like vertigo
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:21 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Is it happening after he eats? Could it be a food intolerance? Dairy gave my son leg cramps. We thought he was autistic until we got him allergy tested for IgG antibodies. Once we removed the foods, we had a new son. It was like someone flipped on the switch.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:11 AM on May. 19, 2011

• The blinking of the eyes sounds like he's having mini seizures to me, but I"m not a doctor. That is what happened with my niece. We always thought she was just a prissy little thing batting her eyes at us and it ended up being seizures. I would video tape any episodes he has and show them to his doctors so they see first hand what is happening.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:23 AM on May. 19, 2011