You don't see extreme couponers at Wal-Mart?

Every episode I've seen of Extreme Couponers they're in other grocery stores. I had coupon-using customers when I was a Wal-Mart cashier, but I don't think any of them ever got down to the savings this series indicates people are getting to.

If you coupon, do you coupon at Wal-Mart? What stores do you go to?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 10:02 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Walmart dosn't have those loyalty saver cards and they don't do double coupons. These two can add up on savings if you use them.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 10:10 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I use coupons, but our Walmart won't take any printed coupons so I can't use a lot of internet deals. I would love to be able to use a shopper program like the grocery stores on the extreme couponing, but our nearest one that has this kind of program is a 75 mile round trip and in the next state. No way this is gonna save me money with the price of gas.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:22 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I've never seen anyone anywhere extreme coupon. I feel like I am high on the ole hawg if I save $30 in one visit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I use coupons, but I never shop at Wal-Mart. I can save far more money even before the coupons at the local King Soopers than I ever do at Wal-Mart
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I shop at Walmart and Kroger.....I use coupons at both but I watch the sales so I know where to go and for what 8-)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:34 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree with tnunley...it has a lot to do with not doubling coupons or having sales/rewards they can pair their coupons with.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I used to ad match when I worked there...which was nice

I saw a few people try to use a lot of coupons- the thing was that they tried to get a larger size than was on the ocupons and then they got righteously pissed when they wouldn't go through and we would not honor them. I used to cringe when I saw people coming with their lists and handful of coupons...it was almost always a nightmare! The other thing was the ad matching- people didn't know the policies and it always caused issues
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• *excuse my typos

*and not everyone tired to get away with pulling something (wrong size/ wrong brand...) but it did happen a lot...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• They only shop at places that double. Walmart doesn't. However, they will take printed coupons because you can print some from their website. Also remember, they price match.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:29 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I usually shop at Kroger with my coupons because if I use a coupon for 50 cents they will add 15 cents to that to make it 65 off. that goes for any coupon under 60 cents.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:53 AM on May. 19, 2011