how do you stop loving the person that hurt you the most

It's been about two months since i've seen my ex and i still love him no matter how hard i try to forget about him it seems like i cant. I mean it feels like im finaly getting over him then some song on the radio plays or somthing makes me think of him and all those feelings come back to me. I mean i told him i loved him wich he forced out of me cause he knew somthing was on my mind and he wanted to know what it was. I knew that it was too early to tell him my true feelings about him but then again it was wrong for him to get scared and loose all contact with me as well.. I dont know what to think or do anymore all i know is that im in love with a guy that dosnt even want to be with me and i dont know how to stop loving him.

mommy113088

Asked by mommy113088 at 7:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• When you love someone, it takes a while after the breakup to get over them. I was in an on again off again relationship with someone for 6 years. I still think of him and hold some fond feelings for him, but I do love my life now. I have heard somewhere that for every year you are with a person, it takes six months per year for you to get over this person. How long were you with him? I would just move on and do things that make you happy. As for loving him, you cant turn it on and off like a light switch. Time heals all wounds, so as time goes by you will get so you dont miss him as much. You may always think of him and that is okay... Good Luck! and God Bless!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• lol. If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't have wasted the last 4 years. I know your pain. I am sorry you are going through this. Good luck.
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• first let me say I am so sorry that you are hurting. Now the answer to that question is the best way to get over it is to love yourself more.
    Mz_P757

Answer by Mz_P757 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You think maybe he got scared? I knw is about you but sometimes those 3 wrds can get a man really scared, especially if its really early in the relationship. They might think ur a psycho or u'll be too attached so they leave before anything goes wrong. Its always something that make a man run away. It's never for nothing. Maybe if you can control urself around him for like an hour or 2 u can sit dwn n talk to him so you both can figure the problem out. Who knows, he probably love you too n its hard for him to show it.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 1:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2008