Shingles. Have you or someone you know had it in the last few years?

More and more people I know are getting shingles. I wonder if it has anything to do with that chicken pox vaccine. What do you think?

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 10:33 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• no. Shingles is a form of chicken pox, it is very painful and can take a long time to go away. Stress can bring this on as well.
    Anonymous

• forgot to add.....he didn't have the shot
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:44 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My younest son had chicken pox when he was 4 months old then when he was 2 years old had shingles
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My mom had shingles, and our daughter had them, too. They are extremely painful. There is a very good home remedy for the pain.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had them while I was pregnant and for some reason it wasn't as painful as I would have thought. I couldn't be treated for them so I put hand sanitizer on it for a few days until it went away. That is what worked for me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• NannyB, do u care to share the remedy you are speaking of?
    nepenthe429

Comment by nepenthe429 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• we are creating super viruses with excessive vaccination. Shingles seems to be one of those viruses.
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 1:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Shingles has been around since long before the chickenpox vaccination and has nothing to do with it. Many older people are plagued with it because they had chickenpox when they were younger. I had a case of the shingles when I was @ 32 having been very sick with chickenpox when I was 10. I've never had the vaccine and would have gladly gotten it had it been available. My DD has had the shot and I hope she never gets the disease.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:56 PM on May. 19, 2011