Do you ever turn up the AC to help your kids go to sleep.?

My DD will play in her bed for hours if I don't do this from time to time... Bad momma I know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Um..no...I would never waste the energy to do that. Nor have I ever thought of doing that.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have noticed my children sleep all night and go to bed easily if i have it cold in the house!!! It's crazy!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 10:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• As an adult I prefer to sleep with the room at a colder temperature.
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 10:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Is it wasting energy and your money--yes. But--is it saving your sanity from time to time--that is probably a yes too.
    My parents always had it a little chilly in the house, I think that is because we were poor but if this helps put your child to bed, then go for it. You are doing nothing wrong.
    I know you have probably tried everything, but here are a few things if you haven't: Nice bath, let them take a long one so they get tired or even before that have them run out the energy. See how fast they can put away their toys while you count them or race them--you clean your room, I'll do the dishes who ever wins gets a bedtime snack after bathtime-GO!
    Read a book, rub her tummy or back.
    The one thing that I worked on for a while with my used to be step children was the time system. You have 15 minutes before you go to bed, now you have 10 minutes, if you see them sitting or doing nothing just remind her only 5 min
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 10:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Only if it's warmer than usual in the house.
    Anonymous

• I usually turn it down about 2 degrees for me and she does seem to sleep better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We call it Freezing out! Works like a charm.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2011

• just curious, what trick do you use in the winter?
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

• ----^ keep the heat on a low temp, duh lol sorry sounded kinda mean
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 3:03 PM on May. 19, 2011