If you had the choice would you work or become a SAHM?

I have thought about this and I am unsure of what I would do. How about you?

Ladysigma07

Asked by Ladysigma07 at 10:46 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if money werent an issue, i'd stay at home for sure. at least until my kids were in school full-time. damn that mortgage payment!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• work. and i do choose to work. i was going crazy with boredom as a sahm for 8 months
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:48 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Like flamingomegs said.. If money was not an issue I would home until my daughter was a teen.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:48 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I am a SAHM and I always flirt with the idea of going back to work because I am going crazy having no adult contact all day... Not having my own life! But then I remember that my children will only be small for a few more years. I cherish every minute I have with them. It's a personal decision... I once read that it doesn't really matter if you are a SAHM or a working mom... what matters is the quality of time you spend with your child/children, not the quantity.
    RCape

Answer by RCape at 10:48 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have been a SAHM for nearly 7 years now, and I love it. I volunteer at my son's school daily so it is like going to work, except I don't get paid ;)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I went stir crazy while on leave. Since I also love my job, I decided to get the best of both worlds and work p/t.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 10:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• While my kids are young I want to stay home. After they start preschool, I plan to work about 30-40 hours a week.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 10:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Work, I still want to contribute to the world not just my family.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 10:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• SAHM always I would choose this. I hate the thought of working when I have a small child.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If money is not an issue stay at home. My mom was a stay at home mom but she also had an in home daycare. I want to be there for my son too and in 8 months I will finally get to. Children need there mommies, not saying that if you choose to work than you're not a good mom. You are great either way--have you ever thought of working part time?
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 10:57 PM on May. 18, 2011