How often should you get a tune up on your A/C & heating system?

We bought our house about 2 years ago with a brand new system. We don't have any problems, but I get coupons on tune ups.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:52 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• That is good you have a new system but You should still do a preventive maintenance 2 times per yr. spring and fall. It could save you big time in the future even though it is probably still under warranty right? You do not want to have to pay for costly repairs or worse be without and have to wait. You want to have your filters changed, the coils cleaned off, and freon checked..then in the fall they will check all the heating stuff...they should do a complete inspection..of everything. My husband is a very good HVAC Senior Field Tech..trust me. He did residential for a very long time and the ones who did it on a regular basis had less problems. This is your house so take good care of it.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would get either of those checked at least once a year.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We get our A/C & Furnace tuned up around spring every year.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Wtf...who voted me down?! More important, why?
    Anonymous

• I would do it yearly.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• My LP does ours when we start running our heat in the fall and when we start running our air in the spring...I knew I kept him around for something...LOL. I know a lot of times people do them both at the same time once a year. Usually it is just the cost of the service call. I think my uncle's place charges about $75 for a call...more if something is wrong and it needs parts or more than an hour labor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:34 AM on May. 19, 2011

• HVAC people suggest that you have your unit checked at the beginning of each season. So in the fall, you have it checked and then again the spring. I have ours looked at normally just in the fall. It works out well.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:33 AM on May. 19, 2011

• We do it once a year
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We only get it checked when it isn't working properly.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Omg I never do lol
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 7:40 PM on May. 19, 2011