Venting - SIL

I am so freaking annoyed with my sister-in-law. Hubby is working late tonight and asked her to come help. She came directly from the gym, after working out for 2 hours...so when it's time to put the children to bed, I put the baby down first. She proceeded to tuck the older one to bed by climbing into the clean bed with her in her gym clothes (ok, I'll admit I am a germapho at times, but would you ever climb into someone else's bed after sweating it out for 2 hours, your shirt is still dripping wait, etc.???? It's one thing to do that in your own bed, but completely different with someone else's bed!! I am just soooooo gross out by it...I am stripping everything in the morning). Anyway, the older kd rolled around for 1 hour, she proceeded to sleep next to her, with cover, pillow, comforter, as if she's spending the night. Finally at 10pm, I decided if the adult can't be trusted to do the right thing, I delegated to the 3 1/2 year old. I walked in there, said to my older one, this is your final warning, if I come back in 5 minutes and you are still awake, I am asking Aunt X to leave and the door to this room will be shut for the rest of the night. She fell asleep in 5 minutes. My SIL later informed me my oldest child kept on talking and talking. Duh...she's fuxking 3 1/2, she doesn't fikxing know better. You are the adult, tell her be quiet and go to sleep! I couldnt' hold it in, I said to her "do me a favor, next time she does this, just leave. Let her be in the room by herself". She was hurt, but I really don't give a damx. At this point, I feel like just paying someone to help me instead of having her to help (and really, who is helping who here? she looks to us to fill her social calendar). It's more inconvenience than what it's worth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm also wondering why you need help getting the kids to bed. Really, having company over is the worst way to go about that. Just sounds like SIL doesn't have kids and has no idea how to go about putting them to bed. Tell them if she wants to help you out to fold laundry or do some dishes and leave the kids to you.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:11 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I dont want this to sound rude but why do you need her to come help put your kids to bed?
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Fell better now?

That IS kind of gross, to climb all over someone else's bed when you're straight out of the gym. As I'm typing this my 4 year old is calling me for some reason or another to avoid going to sleep.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:07 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Maybe you should hire someone and you might get what you want done.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:36 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i don't even know where to begin on this one gees how old is your sil !!!! and did you just give your child a bath before bed? I would probably just handle things by my self from now on how many kids do you have? if it's only 2 then you can handle things by yourself!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• For those of you commented that I should be able to handle the 2 kids myself, I do. The younger child is 1, the older one is 3 1/2, so when they are together, neither goes to bed within a reasonable time. If I handle them separately, the younger one goes to bed in 5-10 minutes, the older one in 20 minutes. I've never once asked my SIL to help, she belives she's doing my husband (her brother) a favor. She is single, no kids, no particular passion about anything. She likes to play mommy with my kids, I think. It's time for me to set some boundry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Ugh!!! My MIL came over to play with the kids while I was at work (DH was home with the kids)... they were playing hide and seek and Grammy hid in my son's freaken bed... in his bed!! WTF?? Then I was trying to tuck him in and he would NOT get into bed b/c it smelled like old lady!! I had to change his bed when he was supposed to be asleep already... and I had just worked a full day!! UGH!! They just don't think at all do they!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:12 AM on May. 19, 2011