Updating baby clothes for new baby

Ok we are on a very limited budget(like just about everyone these days) we are having a second baby in January and all of the baby clothes I have are from my son who was born in July. We do not have money to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe so we have to stretch what we've already got.
Are there any pieces of clothing that might make it look a bit more feminine and/or warm? Or just generally more warm like some layering stuff and possibly where to find them? One last question where do you find pants for skinny babies like what brand have you guys had luck with?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:05 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know if you're open to this idea, but if you haven't been inside a Savers or other secondhand store, you might want to give it a try. Just try it out for kicks. They will have tons of baby clothes in there for good prices. And yes, they have quality items.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:10 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Kids Consignment Shops. Clothes are marked down 50% or more. And the best things are sleeers. My babies wore mostly sleepers for the first 3 mths!
    RCape

Answer by RCape at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son is an October baby. My daughter is a March baby. I really didn't care WHAT she was wearing as long as it was weather appropriate. People don't really pay attention anyway.

Several times I'd have her in a pink sleep n' play outfit, a pink bib that said: I'm NOT a boy, covered in a pink blanket and people would STILL ask me what HIS name was.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would get just a few basic things and plan to do laundry more frequently. 2 pajamas, a pack of onesies, a couple outfits with long sleeves and pants that match the onesies, and a blanket. I think you could do a lot on $50 if you look for clearance, sales, and coupons.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I've checked some of the consignment shops around here and they don't seem to have much for babies. @rosehawk I know what you mean but for me it was them calling my son pretty and asking her name even though he's in blue onesie that's covered in trucks.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Definitely clearance racks Target and kohls (if you have them around u) or a nice cosignment shop packs of onesies and those little long sleeved sleepers go a long way. GL and ps yea don't worry about people its like you and rosehawk said we have twin boys who are ALWAYS dressed in total boy gear and people still say "oh twins r they a boy and a girl?" lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:22 AM on May. 19, 2011