They make me sick!

my prenatal vitamins make me very sick and I almost want to stop taking them. But i know i need them for baby. What can i do to keep from getting sick?

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 11:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Take them right before bed with a piece of toast. I had the same problem with my first pregnant and that is what the doc advised. I still take my vitamins at that time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:13 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was told to get childrens chewables and take 2. The prenates make me very sick too. You can also go to the local drug store and sometimes they sell chewable or gummy prenates.
    LoveMyBabies41

Answer by LoveMyBabies41 at 11:15 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have five kids. All of the healthy...the last one was at age 43. The vitamins made me VERY sick...could not keep anything down. I stopped taking them because I felt it would do the baby more good if I threw up less rather than the small amount of the vitamin that MIGHT stay in my system. When the milk you just drank comes back up cold...kind of makes it hard to believe that my body digested any of it! ;) Talk to you Dr about the vitamins before making your final decision.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 11:15 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had the same problem, my Dr. advised that I take them at bedtime with a couple of saltines and ginger ale. No problems after that. And don't hesitate to call your OBGYN with Qs like this hon, that's what they are there for. The nurses have heard everything from vitamin Qs to sex Qs. My advice, bedtime. You could also ask for a different prescription, other brands may be gentler on your stomach. Hope you feel better.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 11:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My prenatals made me HORRIBLY nauseous. With my first baby my OB was an idiot. I found out that she didn't deliver babies when I was 8.5 months pregnant. I switched to the Flintstones' chewables on my own.

With my second baby I was seeing the same Family Practice doctor we'd picked for my first baby. After trying a couple different kinds of prenantals I got her blessing to switch to the Flintstones again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had the same problem and did the children's chewables too. No problems at all after that. They're gentler on your stomach and easier to digest.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I took them after I ate a meal with a glass of cold water... then I never even noticed I was taking them ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• For me I ate a meal waited ten mins an then took it as I take ir I hold my nose lol so I Can't smell. It lol try that or toast lol it helps
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 12:13 AM on May. 19, 2011