Its been a HORRIBLE night!:*(

I've tried playing with my son (29 months), letting him play by himself, talking to him, singing with him everything you can think of and its just been awful! I know he is teething and this doesn't help at all but GOOD LORD! All i want to do and have all ready done is cry tonight :*( My husband is sick with allergies so he hasn't been able to help me much and i'm like trying not to freak out about our bills and finances. I know my son can and does pick up on it but he whines about EVERY LIL THING right now! Its absolutely driving me insane! I actually did just lose it on him tonight and just yelled at him....didn't help I know, but i didn't know what else to do. I walked away and ignored him and he still contiuned....so i just lost it. I feel horrible for it now but like it said it has been a horrible night with his non stop whinning. :/ I just needed a place to vent...feel free to comment if you'd like.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:23 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe he's over tired. in your situation, i myself would have put him in his room. he's old enough to understand "you can come out when you're done". if he's tired, he'll crawl in his bed and go to sleep, that is, if he's in a toddler bed. my dd gets like that, moody and all. i just send her to her room and let her know when she's done then she can come out and talk to me about it (if the talking doesn't help before i send her in there) that normally lasts about 5 minutes, she's either passed out or coming out to talk. hope tomorrow is a better day!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• IF he is teething...and that is cause for the whinning....try a popcicle. IF he is whinning just to get his way....put him in his room or bed...and shut the door...at least you can't hear it as loud. ;) Or turn up your fav song..... ;)
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• thanks moms for the idea of just putting him in his room. I'm going to have to start doing this i guess b/c he is only whinning b/c he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it. :/ Drives me insane!
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I go through the same issues everyday. I feel your frustration. My sons are 26 mths and 9 mths. You are not alone!! Make time for yourself too...
    RCape

Answer by RCape at 11:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I know how you feel! I get soooo exhausted being the main care giver to my two since dh works two jobs, and is involved in other things that take up his time. I cry A LOT to relieve the stress. I have had to put my ds(2 1/2) somewhere safe(his crib or the playroom) just so I can step away for a minute to deep breathe and control my stress. The lack of rest on my part and ds makes things so much worse! But, I keep telling myself, that he is only little once, and that this stressful part will pass. And you have a tendency to forget the hard parts as they get older. Hugs to you and stay strong!!! :)
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:49 AM on May. 19, 2011