Should we tax the rich?

So, with $4 a gallon gas and inflation on the rise it looks like the rich are what's keeping America afloat. Do you agree with Democrats that we should tax them more?
Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:30 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just think that everyone should pay their fair share of taxes and not exempt anyone.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• well, the lower class don't have the money, and the middle class barely catch a break as it is. i guess that's the only way to get the money but it seems unfair. then again we all pay taxes. i can see the good and the bad on this one. definitely tax the hell out of that guy still using food stamps after he won the lottery!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Usually rich or big companies in order to not deal with the IRS after calculating their profits they give away a lump sum to organizations. Is good also for PR.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 11:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Heck yeah!!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes since I'm not rich. hehe!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i guess that's the only way to get the money but it seems unfair. then again we all pay taxes. i can see the good and the bad on this one. definitely tax the hell out of that guy still using food stamps after he won the lottery!

No, we do NOT ALL pay taxes. 46% of Americans do not pay any tax at all. They may have it withheld from their paycheck but they get it all, and in some cases a LOT more than was withheld, back.

As to the food stamp guy. It is appalling that he still gets them, legal yes, but morally wrong. On the other hand, you do know his winnings were taxed at probably close to 50% of what he won. So yeah, they taxed the hell out of him already. Now they just need to cut off the food stamps.

Did you know that if you taxed the upper 10% of wage earners (that's $114,000 combined and up, yeah it goes that low) at 100% it would fund the gov't for a few days? They need to STOP SPENDING!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• DSamuels beat me to the whole no we don't all pay taxes so I will just say what she said!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:42 PM on May. 18, 2011

TY Char :)
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I pay estimated quarterly taxes because I am retired ( no paychecks with witholding)and I get back maybe $45.00....LOL. SO, yes, I PAY taxes.
    Or if I haven't estimated accurately, I might still pay MORE on April 15th. I PAY.
    But gee,...lets not Tax those rich people.....why not let them keep all their money. Poor babies.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• They are taxed just not enough for you. You are one of the 54% percent who pay taxes so am I.....

You are ok with paying more taxes while the 46% continue not too or get more back then they even paid? If you are willing to tax the rich more I am sure you are willing to pick up the slack for the ones that do not pay into it at all.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:04 AM on May. 19, 2011