What are all the hair removal techniques you have tried?

I went to school right out of high school for my degree in electrology, so electrolysis is something I've done a lot of...

Shaving...blah
Plucking...like the precision, hate the time consuming
Waxing...good for light hair (my 'stache) or large areas...legs
Buffing...okay...you're "sandpapering" off your hair...let's not disguise it lol
Threading...holy sweet torture. I read about it and wanted to try it...lip was not the way to go.

I had my big toe done with laser when we were discussing it in school, but I don't think that counts at all.

What do you like/dislike? And what all have you tried?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:39 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Shaving is all I've tried.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 11:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• shaving, plucking, waxing...i'm a stylist though so i let those girls go to town on my stache!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I love threading for my eyebrows!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:03 AM on May. 19, 2011

• shaved, plucked and waxed my fav would be plucking though hate waxing... really bad experience with getting it done the times I've gotten it done.
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 12:07 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Only thing I haven't tried is buffing. Shaving is so time consuming but it's painless. So that's my normal method. Plucking, Waxing and threading are my go toos for slightly longer results with a bit more pain. I prefer waxing out of the three. I've also tried the creams... I did not have a good experience with that... I burned my skin because I left it on too long. I am currently on my 3rd session of laser hair removal for my lip and chin. So far I am seeing minimal results... I really hope it works... It is painful! Especially the lip. It feels like the laser burns through your lip and actually burns your teeth too. Unless, you get the numbing cream... extra $25, but worth the cost. You need to arrive an hour early to get numbed up though... so, I only did the cream once. Oh and FYI, they bump the laser up each time you go to intensify the treatment... so... I think I'm getting the cream next time. :-)
    RCape

Answer by RCape at 12:20 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Epilation is by far the best hair removal method for me that I've tried out of all of those. I hurts like hell when you first start but after a while lol you take a couple of shots of tequila and move on with the process. I have the thickest darkest fast growing hair a person could get lol but the results are amazing. I use the Emjoi Epilator which is an electronic device with multiple fast moving tweezer heads, I use it all over my body, except my face, and don't have to worry about removing body hair for a whole other week or so. On top of that, I have no mess to worry about!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 1:20 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I've shaved, plucked, waxed, depilatored, and threaded. About all I do now is shave and get my eyebrows waxed.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:09 PM on May. 19, 2011