Weird job interview questions...

I have had some strange questions asked to me at job interviews. Such as these: what is the last book you read? If you had the money to be anything you want to be or do anything you want to do or go anywhere you want to go, what would you do? And then some that were not so weird but still hard to answer, such as these: what is your greatest weakness? Tell me about an incident or disagreement that you have had with a coworker or a customer in a past job. Where do you see yourself in a year, five years, ten years? Oh, and one that really caught me off guard, why SHOULDN'T I hire you? I have had lots that ask why they should but why they shouldn't? Anyway, have any of you been asked strange or hard to answer interview questions? What would your answers be to the ones above?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not to be rude. But you know that you have the right to decline answering these questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 19, 2011

• its another way of asking what your weaknesses are really, but I can see how it would throw someone off, thats probably the whole point of it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:32 AM on May. 19, 2011

• don't answer the questions and kiss your chance of the job goodbye!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 19, 2011

• when you are asked these questions they want you to take your weaknesses or a bad situation and turn it into a positive. like say your greatest weakness is that you are sometimes too hard on yourself because you strive to succeed in a job. or in a bad situation, say what you learned out of it.
    Caelynnes.Mommy

Answer by Caelynnes.Mommy at 12:50 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with those questions...in fact I applied to a bookstore and that was their questions.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• "Why shouldn't I hire you?" is the weirdest one to me. I'd be taken aback by that one ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• They are looking to see how fast you "think on your feet"

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2011