Really?

So my DH and I had a fight earlier ... long story, but we both ended up being stupid and saying some means things.
Now I can't get over one thing he said. AND I quote "this house is nasty, you stay home all day long, and I would expect it to be spotless..."

Ok I by no means have a messy house. I clean up everything my DD gets into, I never have a dirty dish in the sink, and the laundry is always done. So, yeah I probably could dust more and mop the floors more then twice a week, but I do have a 23 month old.

How can I get over this ... even though it said it wasn't true ... now I'm wondering if deep down he doesn't think I'm doing a good job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Learn to not take things personally. When people feel they are losing the argument they hit below the belt. He knows what will get you and he goes for it. I'd tell him if he's not happy then clean it himself but that's just me

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 AM on May. 19, 2011

• You sound like me. i clean like crazy I don't think they have any idea how much work it takes to keep the house on point. He was just being mean. Almost like he knows keeping a clean house is important to you. So he said what he said to et to you. Try to let it go. Hugs!
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It was something he said out of anger. I don't think he meant to say it.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:01 AM on May. 19, 2011

• "he" said it wasn't true*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'd have to say your a MOM... not a house maid!!  If he thinks it's nasty he can show you how it's done for a week or so!! He was probabaly  just grasping at straws b/c he didn't have anything else to say.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Something I heard a while back always sticks with me " you can take the tone and forgive that, but the words, regardless of the anger behind them, hold truth".
    what it means, is regardless that he was angry, he probably didn't mean to say it, but he thought it, at some point or it never would have crossed his mind for it to come out of his mouth.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:37 AM on May. 19, 2011

• obviously there is some truth to it.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 6:24 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe he was saying it to be hurtful because he knows how hard you work on the house every day. People sometimes throw punches when they are feeling hurt and they want you to feel as hurt as they are. Just a thought.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:42 AM on May. 19, 2011